We have all read the “You Know You’re a Mom When…” Lists. Here is my own personal one, and these are just the things that have happened in the last few days!
You Know You’re a Mom When…
1. You get 5 hours of sleep and feel amazing! (Way better than the typical 3 you normally get)
2. You forgot what it is like to pee by yourself.
3. You feel like the incredible amounts of caffeine you drink bypass you and go straight to your two year old.
4. You consider a coffee I.V. to help the caffeine work faster! (See number 3)
5. You stop the shower with shampoo still in your hair to check on the kids you thought you heard crying in the monitor. (No baby crying, that is just all your mind hears these days)
6. You clean the house 100 times a day only to realize it still isn’t actually clean.
7. You only know the kids bop version of the songs. (I can’t even sing a real song these days)
8. You apologize to your five year old for over reacting to her tantrum. Even though you are angry, she doesn’t actually have to stay in her room for the next 36 hours. (If you haven’t done this yet, you don’t have a strong willed child. Feel free to borrow mine for the experience!)
9. Your kids think you have super powers. You must be able to answer any question they ask, you can hold 15 things with two hands, you know exactly where everything is, you can do 35 things at the same time, your kisses fix any boo boo, and you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich better than anyone on the planet.
10. Despite all of the chaos and craziness of each day, you wouldn’t change it for the world. You cry tears of sadness and joy at the same time because your babies are growing up. You would do anything for your kids. And you DO have superpowers…..YOU ARE A MOM!
Feel free to leave a comment with your “You Know You’re a Momisms”
I want to hear your experiences too.