We have all read the “You Know You’re a Mom When…” Lists. Here is my own personal one, and these are just the things that have happened in the last few days!
You Know You’re a Mom When…
1. You get 5 hours of sleep and feel amazing! (Way better than the typical 3 you normally get)
2. You forgot what it is like to pee by yourself.
3. You feel like the incredible amounts of caffeine you drink bypass you and go straight to your two year old.
4. You consider a coffee I.V. to help the caffeine work faster! (See number 3)
5. You stop the shower with shampoo still in your hair to check on the kids you thought you heard crying in the monitor. (No baby crying, that is just all your mind hears these days)
6. You clean the house 100 times a day only to realize it still isn’t actually clean.
7. You only know the kids bop version of the songs. (I can’t even sing a real song these days)
8. You apologize to your five year old for over reacting to her tantrum. Even though you are angry, she doesn’t actually have to stay in her room for the next 36 hours. (If you haven’t done this yet, you don’t have a strong willed child. Feel free to borrow mine for the experience!)
9. Your kids think you have super powers. You must be able to answer any question they ask, you can hold 15 things with two hands, you know exactly where everything is, you can do 35 things at the same time, your kisses fix any boo boo, and you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich better than anyone on the planet.
10. Despite all of the chaos and craziness of each day, you wouldn’t change it for the world. You cry tears of sadness and joy at the same time because your babies are growing up. You would do anything for your kids. And you DO have superpowers…..YOU ARE A MOM!
Feel free to leave a comment with your “You Know You’re a Momisms”
I want to hear your experiences too.
Last night right as I am finally falling asleep, I hear through our baby monitor, “Mommy, come get me out of here!” from our 2 year old. So I make some smart ass comment to my husband about how HIS children never sleep and drag myself out of bed to go get her.
I am so tired at this point, I lay her in bed with us and try to get a little sleep. Feeling a little frustrated that my bed is being taken over by this teeny little insomniac and I haven’t had a great nights sleep since 2008.
That is when it hit me, my little baby is ONLY LITTLE ONCE! She is so sweet cuddling next to me, all of a sudden sleeping so soundly. I wrapped my arms around her and tried to enjoy the time I have left with her while she is still little.
As soon as I drift off to sleep, thinking that things can’t get any better, my 5 year old comes crawling in bed with us. She had a bad dream and just needed to be close. So there we were…all 4 of us sleeping in the bed. It was cramped, it wasn’t the most comfortable, but we were cuddling our babies…because they really are ONLY LITTLE ONCE!
Kiss your babies and enjoy every second with them, even the seconds that make you crazy.